- Ensure you have perused the relevant pre-treatment considerations before your appointment. Go to: EYELINERS PREP
- Your eyelids may feel heavy and slightly tender afterwards.
- There may be some swelling. Increased puffiness can be experienced the morning after treatment however it tends to subside throughout the day
- Regularly apply ice, this will help to prevent swelling
- Do not apply, eye makeup or makeup remover on the area for 5 days
- No Soap or harsh cleansers on the treated area for 5 days
- Do not pick the tiny scabs that form on the tattooed area.
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and colour change.
- Certain chemicals in cleansers and moisturisers could interfere with the bonding process lighten the colour
- Avoid lash extensions for up to 4 weeks after final treatment
1 WEEK LATER: Where did my eyeliners go?
- During the healing process the tattooed area will become darker and may form some scabbing.
- Under the scabs a new collagen rich opaque looking skin will form
- As the scabs flake off, this new opaque skin creates a (temporary) veil over the tattooed pigment so it will at first appear very dull and faded.
- It takes another week or two for the “new skin” to settle, and the vibrance of your new eyeliners to return.
- This “new skin” must be nourished, and protected
- A touch-up treatment is advisable after 4 weeks of the initial treatment.