Anyone who is darker skinned and hyper-pigmented will need to use recommended products for at least two weeks prior to treatment to protect against hyper-pigmentation
If you have a propensity to keloid you would not be a candidate for Skin Needling We never work on raised moles, warts, or any raised lesions
People Who are Not Acceptable Candidates for this Procedure are:
- Anyone under medical care who may be on medication for high blood pressure, heart medication, is a diabetic, is not in general good health, is a poor healer, has an active herpetic breakout, or has just had an invasive laser treatments (8 weeks)
- Anyone that has any type of facial skin disease or disorder that would be a contraindication
- Anyone who is taking homeopathic vitamins or herbs that thin the blood
- Anyone with scars less than 6 months old
For at least 4 days after treatment avoid topical cosmeceutical skin care products containing the following ingredients:
All clients undergoing Skin Needling treatments MUST use a SPF 15 Sunscreen or greater every day to prevent possible hyper-pigmentation
Other Cosmetic/Cosmedical Treatments: Do not under-go any Laser / Fractional Laser / IPL treatments for at least 4 weeks before or after skin needling treatments. It is recommended that microdermabrasion not be performed under 2 weeks after a skin needling treatment. For very thickened oily skins or patients who are non-responsive to topical anaesthetic, a very light microdermabrasion may be performed prior to application of topical anaesthetic. Avoid chemical Peels on the treated areas for 4 weeks before and 4 weeks after skin needling treatments; A gentle enzyme peel may be applied to the skin 4-5 days post-needling, providing the enzymes are not combined with any other exfoliating agents.
Anti-wrinkle Injections and Dermal Fillers: To ensure even distribution of any cosmetic injectable, minimised bruising and a successful result, Skin Needling treatments should not be performed under 2 weeks before or after injectables
Cold Sores: Treatment should not be conducted when any active sores are present. The stimulation of needling may increase the risk of future breakouts for those with sensitive tendencies. Medication can be taken prior to treatment to prevent an outbreak
Pregnancy: There is no scientific or medical documentation proposing skin needling is a contraindication for pregnancy, always for the safety and comfort of both patient and practitioner seek a doctors approval first
Acne Outbreaks: Skin Needling should not be performed on any areas of active Stage 2 or 4 acne. It may increase outbreaks, create unnecessary discomfort and possible scarring
Refrain from the Following Activities for 48 hours Post-Treatment
- Excessive gymnasium or cardio workout
- Sauna or hot spa/bath
- Swimming in chlorinated pool
- Infra-red light exposure
- Spray or self-tanning
- Shaving (12-24 hours)
Your skin care specialist will go through these simple precautions, and together discuss an after-care regime that best suits your individual requirements
Skin Needling After Care
- The treated areas may be swollen, pink or red and may experience light lymph discharge.
- Do not use cleansers or soap, cool water only.
- Apply a small amount of Repair Balm (or Laser Aid if you have oily acne affected skin type) 3 times per day.This is an intense recovery balm which aids in the healing and repair process.
- Remember the skin is open, do not touch it with your hands; avoid dirt, dust and activities that cause excessive sweating (like the gym or exercising).
- Do not use scrubs, heavy exfoliation, or products containing AHA’s or Vitamin C until the skin has completely healed (4 weeks).
- Avoid microdermabrasion and laser treatments for approximately 8 weeks.
- Avoid exposing treated areas to the sun, once the treated areas are healed wear sunscreen.
- A gentle cleanser may be used for cleansing the skin
- Use Skinstitut Rejuvenate 15 Serum morning and night, after cleansing and before moisturising to accelerate skin regeneration and renewal.It is a deeply hydrating serum that maintains the effect of the skin needling for longer.
- Continue to apply the Repair balm at night.
- Mineral make-up may be applied if necessary, however best results will be achieved by leaving the skin free of make-up for longer.
- Skin may still be pink and crusting and some peeling may be evident.
- If the skin is peeling, Enymatic Micro Peel may be used as a soothing micro exfoliant to hydrate and revitalise the peeling skin. Apply a smooth film to the clean face and neck, leave on for 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- The skin should now be settled and healing is taking place, continue using the Rejuvenate Serum twice daily and Repair Balm at night.